Are you dreaming of your next trip? Maybe it’s time to consider visiting the new luxury standard in Houston. The Post Oak Hotel at Uptown in Houston, Texas, located in the Uptown neighborhood, is the new definition of luxury in the sprawling city.
My love for luxury, well documented in my hotel reviews, can’t allow me to ignore what you’re met with on arrival at the hotel in uptown Houston; the 3-story atrium greets you with a grand chandelier that flows down from the hotel’s third floor.
The Post Oak Hotel review shows why this is one of the best hotels in Houston that embraces every desire of leisure and savvy business travelers.
The Post Oak Hotel Houston Texas Review
The Post Oak Hotel Houston is a AAA Five-Diamond destination rating for luxury hotels and Texas Forbes 5-star hotel and spa destination. I loved its prime location, which adds to this newest elite destination allure.
Post Oak Hotel is a few meters from the Galleria and a short distance from the revitalized downtown. The most attractive aspect of the hotel is its attention to detail. I couldn’t help but notice the 600 fresh roses adorning the reception desk, the carpeting throughout the property, the handmade chandeliers in all guest rooms, and the custom-made furniture.
What’s more? This hotel in uptown Houston displays artwork from Alex Katz, Joseph Glasco, Donald Sultan, Robert Motherwell, and Frank Stella, giving the hotel a museum feel.
My girls and I were in awe of the Bloom and Bee restaurant that offers locally-inspired cuisine in a pretty pink garden ambiance. To top up the aesthetic space are pink velvet chairs and a stunning hand-blown glass flower arrangement.
We took full advantage of the hotel spa which easily betters the spas in other luxury hotels like the Four Seasons Houston. It's not by chance that it's the only Forbes Travel Guide 5-star rated spa in the state. I loved the ultra-exclusive offers, like the six-in-one In-Skin facial machine.
The Hotel Highlights
Here are some of the things to know about the Post Oak Hotel:
- Your pet also gets to experience a luxurious stay at the hotel at Uptown Houston. I got a pet-friendly room with a menu that features chef-created dishes like eggs and salmon scramble, chopped filet mignon, and even gluten-free and vegan options.
- Enjoy the hotel’s unusual amenity, a Rolls-Royce showroom. Plus, there’s complimentary chauffeured transport in a Rolls Royce or a Bentley within a two-mile (3.2 km) radius, on condition that you’re the hotel’s guest.
- A perfectly-heated swimming pool, an attractive fire pit, a jacuzzi, white and black accents, and five rental cabanas are just beyond the lobby area. I loved the top-notch service that delivers everything from sunscreen to cocktails, food, and more.
- The 35,000-square-foot conference facility is completely separated from other public areas with a separate valet entrance, which lets business travelers remain focused.
- Pamper yourself at the salon on the hotel’s first floor. You can make an appointment for a nail service, makeup, or a blowout.
- The ultra-modern accommodation ranges from 500 square-foot to 5,000 square-foot hotel rooms, great presidential suites, a helipad, and a private elevator entrance. In addition, all rooms have Bluetooth and two (sometimes three) TVs that disappear seamlessly into a credenza.
This hotel at Uptown Houston boasts bars and restaurants, all on the facility’s first floor. They include:
- Willie G’s Seafood
- The Cellar
- Stella’s Wine Bar
- Mastro’s Steakhouse
- King Ranch Texas Kitchen
- H Bar
- Craft Beer Restaurant
- Bouchée Pâtisserie
- Bloom & Bee
The amenities at the hotel at uptown Houston include:
- Pet-friendly in-rooms
- Meeting rooms
- Heated outdoor pool
- House car
- Fitness classes
- 24-hour room service
- Pool area
- Valet parking
Pros and Cons
How Much Does the Post Oak Hotel Cost Per Night?
It’ll cost from $379 per night at the Post Oak Hotel at Uptown Houston. The accommodation options include:
- Presidential Suite
- The Post Oak Suite
- Concierge Level Suite
- Classic Suite
- Executive Suite
- Luxury Guest Room
Who Owns the Post Oak Hotel in Houston?
The owner of the Post Oak Hotel at Uptown is Tilman J. Fertitta, and he has raised the bar in the hospitality industry on all extravagant things in the United States’ largest city.
How Old is the Post Oak Hotel?
The Post Oak Hotel opened its door for operations in 2008 after its construction on a vacant lot. Still, it has accomplished great heights in the luxury hotel industry in its seemingly short life.
Does the Post Oak Hotel at Uptown Houston Offer Any Business Services?
Yes, the Post Oak Hotel at Uptown conveniently offers customers a banquet room, a meeting room, and a business center.
What Forms of Payment are Accepted at the Oak Hotel at Uptown Houston?
The Post Oak Hotel at Uptown accepts Discover, American Express, Mastercard, Visa, and Debit cards. They don’t accept cash.
Is Post Oak Hotel Worth It?
Overall, the Post Oak Hotel at Uptown, Houston, Texas, represents a new money scene in the state. It sets the pace in elegance, comfort, and luxury, thanks to the two-story Rolls Royce showroom and 20,000-bottle wine cellar.
The hotel offers value for your money. Its bars and restaurants, the creative Craft Beer Restaurant, good Mastro’s Steakhouse, and imaginative Bloom & Bee, have fresh and locally-inspired cuisine. Also, unlike some other luxury hotels in Houston that are not pet-friendly, such as the Marriot Marquis Houston, the Post Oak allow dogs.
My experience at the hotel defines what a five-star experience should be, though if you don't need all that opulence I recommend the Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston-Energy Corridor Texas, a three-star hotel in Memorial, or the two-star La Quinta by Wyndham Houston Willowbrook.
The bottom line? Post Oak is worth every penny. This hotel is a game changer for Houston.